Hi,

I've been trying to understand why this fails in all Python
installations but passes in all "traditional" installations that are
up-to-date (i.e. covalent and mine).  I think I've found the reason.

"traditional" adds Xerces and xml-apis to CLASSPATH and to the
bootclasspath while Gumpy doesn't add it to CLASSPATH - I think Gumpy
is correct here.

The <junit> task in jelly-tags-junit's build file forks a new VM.
Since build.clonevm is false, it will use Crimson instead of Xerces
(as Xerces is not on the CLASSPATH of the forked VM) and somehow the
tests fail if you use Crimson.

I'll throw in a build.clonevm here since this should be used by all
builds that fork new VMs anyway and we'll see whether it fixes the
problem.  If so, I'll try to run the tests without Xerces sometime
next week and create a bug-report for Jelly (in case there is anybody
listening).