Brett Porter wrote:
Yup, I think we need ASF-wide artefact ids (within group ids). I'd like to think the community and/or communities can come to agreement on what the values are, and if that means defaulting to what Maven/Ibiblio already have, then so be it. Consistency is the key more than anything else.

Sounds like a sensible approach.

I think the real challenge is at the project level, projects need to establish naming consistent with their Umbrella group, this is a real growing pain at this point, I suspect eventually the entire Jakarta Commons will need to migrate to jakarta-commons/jakarta-commons-foo-x.x.ext from commons-foo/foo-x.x.ext sometime in the near future. But it would probably be good to have the system consistent before that point and keep such transitions separate.

-- Mark Diggory Software Developer Harvard MIT Data Center http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu