> Do folks mind if we mandate Python 2.3 for Gump?

Is this something we need a vote on? Something to grab folks attention,
before I break things on them? [I'm guessing a VOTE is a lousy way to
provoke participation, I'm guessing most folks (who read this request) are
(like myself) not Python experts, so aren't responding. I still need to
determine how to move on though.]

[Lack of answers to questions like this is why I worry about the traffic
volume. I think there is too much volume for most of our community to
monitor at a level they can process/participate (given that Gump is a
sideline). Alternative ideas on how to solve that appreciated...]

Personally, I don't have the expertise to judge if Python 2.3 has taken over
from 2.2, however there are a lot of nice things in 2.3 (e.g. introduction
of Boolean True/False keywords) and I'd really like to make the switch. That
said, if anybody has a problem with it, and/or Python 2.3's coverage of OSs,
I can wait.

BTW: I see Python 2.3.4 is finalized http://python.org/2.3.4/, and has RPMs
http://python.org/2.3.4/rpms.html. Most stable is marked as 2.3.3.
(http://python.org/doc/faq/general.html#how-stable-is-python). As such, I
assume some 2.3 is out there for most environments, but I don't know that.
[FWIIW: Python 2.4 is in the works.  ]

regards,