It has been 10 days since the vote to retire Traditional Gump was put out.

As I read this [VOTE] mails on this list I see seven +1s (Leo, Adam,
Davanum, Martin, Nicola, Stefan, Stefano), one +0 (Michael), one -0 (the
suggestion of a -1 if traditional Gumps were stopped, Sebastian).

My problem is that suggestion of a -1 ... 'cos although we won't actually
stop folks running traditional Gumps, we aren't wanting to maintain two
metadata trees, we aren't wanting to maintain Traditional to work on current
metadata. Traditional will (with Jakarta Commons so Mavenized) quickly
become unworkable.

I'd really like to move ahead with this, and promote Python Gump (for all
it's warts) to the root of the tree (not relegated into ./python) and I'd
really like to separate Gump metadata (perhaps still in CVS) from Gump code
(perhaps in SVN, warts and all). I'd also like to consider tagging the
current CVS branch as 'Traditional Gump' and either not merge in the
'CleanUp' branch (perhaps move it to SVN) or something. There is significant
risk/change w/ this branch (as stray nags have shown) and it'd be a good
time to rework directories, etc.

Thoughts?

regards,

Experience the Unwired Enterprise: