On Sun, 04 Jul 2004, Stephen McConnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> According to the documentation I need to setup a workspace before
> the "boot" attribute will be recognized.

Hmm, boot really only tells Gump to place the jar onto the
bootclasspath instead of CLASSPATH.  I don't think you really need to
set this for magic at all.

> Basically I want to ensure that the magic bootstrap jar file is
> included in ant's bootstrap classpath so ant properly handles the
> inclusion of magic as a antlib.

This should work without problems if you place it on the CLASSPATH
(because Gump places the rest of Ant there as well).

boot="true" is needed for things like Xerces or Xalan to ensure the
Gump built versions will be used instead of the JDK built-in
parsers/transformers.  We'll probably want to do that for mx4j and a
few other things when we start to use JDK 1.5 as well.