Good idea - I'll give this a shot!

Steve.

Leo Simons wrote:
Stephen McConnell wrote:

I have two projects that don't produce jars - instead they generate documentation into a common repository. For a gump run I can setup the repository relative to the module srcdir ... but I haven't figured out how to declare a non-home based resources via the gump project descriptor.

how about

  http://gump.apache.org/metadata/builder.html#property

you have one gump project that is the repository, then the other projects have a <project/> referencing it...

<project name="my-repo">
  <home ../>
  <blah ../>
</project>

<project name="non-code-component-A">
  <ant>
    <property name="repo.dir" project="my-repo" reference="home"/>
  </ant>
</project>

If you want my-repo to show up as a dependency on the project, I /think/ you need to also have a seperate depend tag:

<project name="my-repo">
  <home ../>
  <blah ../>
</project>

<project name="non-code-component-A">
  <ant>
    <property name="repo.dir" project="my-repo" reference="home"/>
  </ant>
  <depend project="my-repo"/>
</project>

cheers,