Hi Steve,
you are not heretic. I also hat no experience, but made a submission of a Python sync task for Gump which was almost certainly improved by Adam,
but was working from the start. I think that general programming experience may be more imortant than experience with one specific language or tool.

Cheers,
Antoine

Stephen McConnell wrote:

Well - maybe its not that bad ... but all the same - this is an early warning .. I'm thinking about making a copy of AntBuilder (gump/python/gump/builder/ant.py), renaming it to magic.py, making a couple of small but significant changes, sorting out what actually does the builder selection, updating it submitting a patch. And all of this with zero Python experience and no compiler.

If this sounds like heresy then please yell out now because as I see it this is the next step in moving the magic gump equation forward. If anyone wants to shepherd me though the process I'll be very grateful.

Cheers, Steve.

[1] http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=heresy