Stefan Bodewig wrote:

As long as we keep the history of "traditional" in CVS I don't care
too much whether it gets migrated to SVN at all.  It's not as if we'd
remove the CVS module completely, it will just become unused.

Several people I know here at MIT are working on tools for data analysis, sort of digital archeology projects. Migrating everything in one shot will make them a lot happier and will not hurt us at all.

CVS can be preserved, but down the line it will be frozen and probably disabled and archived, this will make it much harder for them to have access to this historical information.

These digital historians are our friends, we should treat them well ;-)

--
Stefano.