compile:
   [javac] Compiling 216 source files to
/usr/local/gump/public/workspace/xom/build/classes
   [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
   [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
    [copy] Copying 1 file to /usr/local/gump/public/workspace/xom/build/classes/nu/xom

XOM folks tell me this is a JDK1.5 issue, i.e. they depend upon it. I'll see what can be done to make their build script skip this when on JDK1.4.

regards