On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Michael Glavassevich wrote:

I'm going to guess this has in part to do with the version of Ant that
Gump is using to compile Xerces.  Xerces uses its own Javac task [1] so
that it compiles smoothly on JDK 1.4. This code isn't aware of JDK 1.5
(yet) nor is the version of Ant which is distributed among Xerces' build
tools.

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xerces/java/tools/src/XJavac.java?view=markup

Interesting. Just for the purposes of communication, the Ant that Gump run is called with build.sysclasspath=only, so really ought override any 'twiddling' that a task attempts. I can't gaurantee this (hence I'll CC the Gump list), but I'd bet heavily on it. In short, Gump pretty much overrides (with Ant's colaboration) local settings with it's settings. [See: http://ant.apache.org/manual/sysclasspath.html]

That said, there definately seems to be some classes not being found, that are found
when on JDK1.4 w/ exactly the same Gump. So .. something odd is happening...

regards,