On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Niclas Hedhman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sunday 10 October 2004 01:38, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> gosh, this is all very confusing, people.
>
> No shit.  AFAIUI, it is something about feeding the ant script with
> additional information need to properly build those projects.

Uhm, yes.  But the information is needed by the build file, not Ant.
Most of the time the builds want to copy files referenced by
properties and we need to override those properties, that's all.

> Personally, I think Gump has the wrong approach. It tries to adopt
> to whatever way the project is structured, but still ends up
> requiring explicit support in the build system of most projects,

I don't think this is true.  Most projects build from their build
files without doing anything specific in order to make Gump happy.

There are a few projects that need to do something special for Gump,
most of the time it is in order to break circular dependencies - like
the dom4j <-> jaxen problem - or because they require passing JUnit
tests before creating a jar but the tests fail in Gump.