Looking at:

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/excalibur/excalibur-logger/gump_work/build_excalibur_excalibur-logger.html

I see Maven thinks these are unsatisfied:

    The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied
dependencies:

    avalon-framework-4.1.5.jar
    servletapi-2.2.jar
    mailapi-1.3.1.jar
    xml-apis-2.0.2.jar

Whereas comparing what Gump produces with what Maven wants:

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/excalibur/excalibur-logger/gump_file/build.properties.html

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/excalibur/excalibur-logger/gump_file/project.xml.html

We see this is an artifact naming issue. As we've discussed Gump's ids are
(1) used only within Gump (2) not sufficiently unique, so we will change
them to match the Maven equivalents. I am doing that now with the metadata,
expect a few not so small commits (e.g. apis -> xml-apis for xerces).

BTW: Anybody else to tell me what avalon-framework in Maven land is ins Gump
land? I think we have three dependencies, to it's one (a concern). Which
ought I pick? "avalon-framework-api" or "avalon-framework-legacy" or
"avalon-framework-impl"? Do we have a Gump/Maven disconnect here (due to
changes in Avalon's artefacts) that needs to be updated in the Excalibur
project.xml?

regards