Stefan Bodewig wrote:
On Tue, 09 Nov 2004, Stefano Mazzocchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If we identified there is a API change between 1.0.2 and 1.1, I'd
rather have cocoon update to the latest JMS API rather than having
to different packages in gump since it seems that cocoon is the only
one having that problem anyway.

Looks like Cocoon was using JMS 1.1, but we only provided 1.0.2:

  [javac]
/home/gump/workspaces2/public/workspace/cocoon/src/blocks/jms/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/jms/JMSConnectionManagerImpl.java:217:
 cannot resolve symbol
  [javac] symbol  : method createConnection (java.lang.String,java.lang.String)
  [javac] location: interface javax.jms.ConnectionFactory
  [javac]                     return factory.createConnection(cc.getUserName(),
cc.getPassword());
  [javac]                                   ^

Is here

<http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/jms/ConnectionFactory.html#createConnection(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String)>

  [javac]
/home/gump/workspaces2/public/workspace/cocoon/src/blocks/jms/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/jms/JMSConnectionManagerImpl.java:231:
 cannot resolve symbol
  [javac] symbol  : method createConnection ()
  [javac] location: interface javax.jms.ConnectionFactory
  [javac]                 return factory.createConnection();
  [javac]                               ^

Is here

<http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/jms/ConnectionFactory.html#createConnection()>

The J2EE 1.3 version
<http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/jms/ConnectionFactory.html>
looks like a marker interface.

JMS 1.1 is on the way to my disk (and to brutus after that).

awesome! thanks :-)

--
Stefano.