Martin van den Bemt said:

> have a go at dos2unix (if you have installed that on solaris)
> Something probably happened moving across the files..

As I said below, neither DOS nor Windows have been involved, so running it
through dos2unix is not likely to achieve anything. I checked it out
directly to the Solaris machine from SVN, and it still complains with the
error - the problem seems to be related to python v2.4.

dos2unix has no effect on the gump file:

bash-2.03$ cat gump | wc -c
    9794
bash-2.03$ cat gump | dos2unix | wc -c
could not open /dev/kbd to get keyboard type US keyboard assumed
could not get keyboard type US keyboard assumed
    9794

Regards,
Graham