I discovered in last night's local Gump run that XML Commons has been updated to require JAXP 1.3, which I didn't have installed locally (just the java-xml-pack as suggested by xml-commons.xml). Because I don't have any other projects that depend on it, I just moved the existing "jaxp" to "jaxp-12" and put the JAXP 1.3 jar paths in a new "jaxp" project.

Brutus doesn't seem to have run at all since Wednesday, but I think it's going to get bitten pretty severely the next time it does since xml-apis is a prereq for Ant.

The new version is available for download for pre-J2SE5.0 at <URI:https://jaxp.dev.java.net/>.

Peter J.
--
Sometimes the Universe needs a change of perspective.
   --J. Michael Straczynski