---
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ crontab -l | grep java | grep usr
# Watch for /usr/bin/java
3,18,33,48 * * * * /home/gump/check-for-usr-bin-java.sh

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ cat check-for-usr-bin-java.sh
#!/bin/bash

if [[ -f /usr/bin/java ]]; then
echo "
It seems there's a /usr/bin/java on brutus.apache.org right now.
That's a problem since gump will use it instead of what it finds
in JAVA_HOME/bin.

Please get rid of it.

Thanks,

- some automated crontab-activated script living in /home/gump
on brutus.
" | mail -s "Please remove /usr/bin/java" general@gump.apache.org
Fi
---

That should do it :-D. If this gets messed up again we'll start receiving 4
e-mails per hour. So don't mess it up ;)

- LSD