On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Because it has an even more online nature (plugins are not
> preinstalled), to use an installed version we'd again need to create
> a minimal local repository including those plugins, then use offline
> mode (-o), and ensure it can't get any internet access just to make
> sure.

One thing that bothers me with Maven 1 from a Gump point of view is
that I don't have any way to override jars that come bundled with
Maven unless projects declare a dependency on them.

A few projects run tests without declaring a dependency on junit at
all, and even if they did, I'm not sure where our jar would be used -
just to compile the tests or also when the test plugin executes them?

>From what I read above this is going to become worse with an installed
version of Maven 2.  So yes, any plan that allows us to really use the
HEAD/trunk versions of Maven and all stuff Maven uses is very much
appreciated.