OK, I'm a lot further along now.

As before, see <http://clarus.apache.org/> for the latest run results.

On Feb 5, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Sander Temme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In that spirit, I have set up Gump (I think) on a dual CPU Xserve;
results are here: <http://clarus.apache.org/>.

Cool.  Any chance you could write up what you did in the Wiki?  You
should be able to find vmgump's setup there as well.

I can certainly do that, as I figure out what is necessary. Shall I just start a page next to VMGumpConfig?

Yay, a successful run!  However, where vmgump boasts 768 projects, I
get 18, of which only five succeed.

This partly is because you use the minimal workspace, I guess.  Use
the profile profile/gump.xml instead of profile/minimal-gump.xml.  It
may very well be that minimal-profile doesn't even contain all
projects necessary for a succssful build since almost nobody keeps an
eye on it (I know that I don't).

* I brought up MySQL with local access only (just unix domain
  socket, no network), set up the database and a user and Gump
  is actually feeding data into it.
* I installed the Perforce client, Maven 1 and 2, Mono and NAnt
  and they are all found by Gump.
* As suggested, I switched to the gump.xml profile.
* I have been searching, finding and installing the packaged software, but that is of course slow going and I'm not even able to find everything.

My current standings:

Projects Successes    Failures     Prereqs      No Works   Packages
770      120 (15.58%) 101 (13.12%) 502 (65.19%) 00 (0.00%) 47 (6.10%)

So, my current questions:

1) The VMGumpConfig says to sync over the package collection
   from Brutus. This must be obsolete: I personally reinstalled
   Brutus and it ain't got no Gump on it anymore. Could I
   find this collection on VMGump or gump.zones if I had an
   account there? Could I get an account on either? Or perhaps
   I can give someone an account on Clarus and they can
   sync the package collection over. Finding these jars
   and installing them one by one is fun, but gets kinda
   old. I'd like to make the jump from 47 to 128 in
   one fell swoop.
2) Unlike VMGump, my gump_stats page is not working. Am I
   forgetting or not running something?
3) Same for the gump_xref.

Otherwise, I think I'm making good progress.

S.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://www.temme.net/sander/