> On 30/03/2010, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> sebb wrote:
>>
>>  > On 30/03/2010, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de> wrote:
>>  >> Hi Brett,
>>  >>
>>  >>  Brett Randall wrote:
>>  >>
>>  >>  > In relation to the long-outstanding build failure of BSF:
>>  >>  > http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-bsf3/jakarta-
>>  >>  bsf3/gump_work/build_jakarta-bsf3_jakarta-bsf3.html
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  > I'd like to check the contents of the file
>>  >>  > /srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-bsf3/gump_mvn_settings.xml .
>>  >>  > Is that
>>  >>  > file publicly available, and/or how can I review its contents?
>>  >>  > I'm wondering if the Gump local repository location for project
>>  >>  > builds changed in a way incompatible with the BSF/Gump build some
>>  >>  > time ago.
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >> bsf-engines is missing, because it is not deployed.
>>  >
>>  > But it *is* installed as part of the build.xml that downloads the
>>  > engines and runs retroweaver on them - have a look earlier in the
>>  > build output:
>>  >
>>  > http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-bsf3/jakarta-
>>  bsf3/gump_work/build_jakarta-bsf3_jakarta-bsf3.html
>>  > <snip>
>>  >
>>  >      [exec] [INFO] [install:install-file {execution: default-cli}]
>>  >      [exec] [INFO] Installing
>>  > /srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-bsf3/bsf-engines/target/bsf-
>>  engines-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
>>  > /home/gump/.m2/repository/org/apache/bsf/bsf-engines/3.0-SNAPSHOT/bsf-
>>  engines-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
>>

>> Yes, but it is not part of the reactor, because it is done "by hand".
>> Maven
>>  does not know that it is produced. Don't know if this has an effect on
>>  Gump, but it's quite suspicious that Gump fails to find this artifact.
>>  However, since Gump tries to build the examples, it will fail later
>>  anyway, because some of the dependend stuiff is no longer available.
>>

> Note that it builds happily on Hudson.
>
> I think the problem is that Gump intercepts repository requests.

No, it is installed to the wrong place - probably because it is done "by
hand":

Installing /srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-bsf3/bsf-engines/target/bsf-
engines-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to /home/gump/.m2/repository/org/apache/bsf/bsf-
engines/3.0-SNAPSHOT/bsf-engines-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

vs.

Installing /srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-bsf3/bsf-api/target/bsf-
api-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to
/srv/gump/public/workspace/mvnlocalrepo/org/apache/bsf/bsf-api/3.0-
SNAPSHOT/bsf-api-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Look at the target path ...

- Jörg