On 2010-09-21, Niall Pemberton wrote:

> So effectively the "core" dependency has disappeared. Not sure how
> gump should/can handle that. Perhaps a *packaged* version of beanutils
> core. Or as I guess you're trying to do - feed in BeanUtils as core -
> but those projects that depend on it will now requires Commons
> Collections.

Yes, this is what I'm trying.  The projects that use beanutils-core
would transitively depend on commons-collections then.

An alternative is a Gump specific POM - we already have two for Xalan
and Ant 1.6.x - that adds the dependency.  In beanutils-core case it
could even be a relocation POM that points to commons-beanutils.

> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:

>> The "not sure it will work" part is more about the fact that the POM
>> will specify a different artifactId than mvn asks for and I don't know
>> whether mvn will ignore this or reject the POM or explode or whatever.

> OK, me neither - I guess we'll see after the next run.

Yes.