Hi,

since about christmas last year we had reliability problems with the mvn
repo proxy.  Those problems seem to have gone by now. I've been told
Maven Central is using a CDN and some of the nodes had some problems for
a while, so this may explain why it started to work again.  Anyway.

In January I turned off nagging and nobody ever asked why the nag mails
stopped.  I saw Sebb mention it on Commons' dev list but not because
anybody had asked for it.  Even the Ant folks (including myself) who
used to watch Gump closely didn't recognize the build had been failing
for a week or two.

So before I re-enable nagging, I wonder whether there really still is
any interest in the service Gump provides.  And assuming some of the
projecs are still interested whether we should prune those projects that
aren't.

I don't really know for sure but over the past years the major feedback
I have received when I tried to engage with projects who's builds were
failing was "please turn off the nagging" - so maybe this colors my
perceiption.

Any opinions?

Cheers