On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Konstantin Shvachko <s...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> On 2/18/2010 5:19 PM, Jeff Hammerbacher wrote:
>>
>> Do we have consensus around rebasing on 0.21? Anyone already testing on
>> 0.21
>> who would be upset if the current branch were to be retired?
>
> Rebasing 0.21 will further delay the release.
> In current 0.21 branch there is some 28 blockers,
> which will take a couple of weeks to fix.
> The rebased 0.21 will add to this more issues, and therefore
> more time. Based on the experience I had time to stabilize
> the release is measured in months rather than weeks.

I agree that we're probably talking months rather than weeks. However,
I see a lot of the stabilization time as a fixed cost regardless of
the number of changes. Certainly there is an O(n) component too, but I
don't think the stabilization time of a rebased 21 is double the
stabilization time of current 21. Maybe more like 30% more? Do you
disagree?

-Todd