Hi Elton,

Typically, large data sets are of the sort that continuously grow, and are
not edited or amended. For example, a common Hadoop use case is the analysis
of log data or other instrumentation from web or application servers. In
these cases, files are simply added, but there is no need to go back and
change entries.

For the ability to have a more table-like random access storage on top of
Hadoop, I would encourage you to look into HBase. It supports random
read/write access with low latency.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon