On 25/08/10 20:20, C J wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to know why I see running Child processes on my datanodes even though
there is no job running at that time. Are these left over from failed attempts?

Is there anything I can do to keep these clean?

Thanks,
Deepika

could be a bug somewhere in Hadoop or your code.

1. jps -v gives you the process ids,

2. jstack -l <pid> gives you the stack dumps and locks for the given process, so you can see where the threads are -this will help you track down the problem

3. It is, sadly, going to be you who gets to track down the problem. But if you conclude that it is hadoop and not your code at fault, those stack traces should be attached to the JIRA issue you can create