Being a relatively new member of Hadoop community (just slightly over year
and a half) and never been exposed to its politics I can't help but to wonder
if such document didn't exist before?

If it did, then what's the difference between the current version and the
previous one? What's causing that change to be introduced?

If it didn't, then how Hadoop community has been governed beforehand?
By the general ASF rules or differently? If the rules were the same for ASF
and Hadoop why we need to deviate from them now and why?

Clearly, having written bylaws is handy in case of a dispute. However it'd be
great to know the history (or just a story) of this particular discussion.

Appreciate any information on the topic. Thanks in advance.
  Cos