On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Jakob Homan <jho...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>> It's worth double checking.  When we added the YDH patch set to CDH3
>> we ran a script to see which patches were in YDH but not yet in trunk
>> and it turned up around 100 or so patches.
>
> If the patch was just checking 1:1 Jira to patch, it would certainly not
> work.  We were uploading multiple patches to the same JIRA to avoid opening
> extraneous issues before generating patches for trunk. Venerable old
> HDFS-1150, for instance, went through about different patches applied to
> Y!'s branch before the final version.

That's what I meant by saying "a fair number of those may have been
included in trunk but under a different jira".  There seemed to be a
number of patches that are not in trunk under any jira (eg MR-1088,
MR-1100 where the jira is still open).  We need to go through the
patches in YDH and CDH and get them reviewed and checked in.

Thanks,
Eli