Hi Alessandro.

There is a debate among the experts if the 0.20 version of append is stable,
and technically the best way of doing it.

Saying that there are lots of people and companies who are using it in their
production clusters with no reported hassles.

I suggest you test it out in your own environment to make sure it works for
you.
This is something you should be doing anyway.