Owen:

I think you make a fair point. The reason I think it still makes sense to
bring mrunit out of Hadoop contrib is to:

- start to simplify the build by breaking projects that are only clients of
Hadoop libs out of contrib.
- allow mrunit to have its own release cycle. This is, I think, the most
important.

I would actually prefer to move it to Extras or Incubator and leave this
within the ASF. Right now, I picked github because of the ability to easily
collaborate with others (and to use git).

Thanks!

--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer