Ian,

Sonar was around for a while and Apache has this setup since late
2009, I believe.  I had asked  INFRA folks on a few occasions about
adding Hadoop repos to their installation, but never heard anything
back.

I'd be awesome if you can talk to the right people so it'd happen eventually.
--
  Thanks in advance,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik