Hi, guys:

I would like to do some minor modification of Hadoop (just to insert some
print codes into particular places). And I have the following questions:

1. It seems there are three parts of Hadoop: common, hdfs, mapred. And they
are packed as three independent jar packages. Could I only modify one part
(eg, common) and pack a new jar package without modifying the rest two.

2. I have try to import the folder hadoop-0.21.0/common into eclipse as a
project. But eclipse fails to recognize it as an existing project. But if I
import folder hadoop-0.21.0 as a existing project, it works. However, I only
want to modify common part. How could I only modify  common part and export
a new common jar package without modifying the rest two parts.

--
Best Regards!

Sincerely
Bo Sang