Hey Eric,

I don't have any objections to a release from
branch-0.20-security-203.  However when I examined the specific patch
set I noticed the are important implications with respect to
compatibility (of for 0.20.2 and 0.22), a question about project model
(eg not reviewing patches on jira before committing them, not having
patches go through trunk, etc), and some open questions for users (eg
is this the next dot release of the stable branch?).

I agree this is a valuable artifact, but that doesn't mean it's OK to
ignore compatibility concerns, etc.

I've listed specifics questions/comments here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-common-dev/201105.mbox/%3CBANLkTinZ=xb6kj5pteln5kkd9b-cwam...@mail.gmail.com%3E

Thanks,
Eli