My first read was that they used the term Apache Hadoop in reference of
Apache's release. They referenced their release as Hadoop.

Mike Segel

On May 13, 2011, at 12:28 PM, "Allen Wittenauer" <a...@apache.org> wrote:

> On May 13, 2011, at 1:53 AM, Doug Cutting wrote:
>> Here "certified" is probably just intended to mean that the software
>> uses a "certified" open source license, e.g., listed at
>> http://www.opensource.org/licenses/.  However they should say that this
>> "includes" or "contains" the various Apache products, not that it "is" them.
>
>    If it has a modified version of Hadoop (i.e., not an actual Apache release
> or patches which have never been committed to trunk), are they allowed to say
> "includes Apache Hadoop"?  At what point is it not Apache Hadoop?

The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the
distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it
from your computer or paper files.