Good point.

Tests are a must for the Hadoop community to meet its own goals (quality and
backwards compatibility).  Writing detailed specs for something that is
evolving this quickly is challenging.  Also in a lot of cases, documenting the
current APIs to POSIX like detail will mainly convince us that we need to
design new APIs that are more like POSIX.

The good news is that this is open source and we can crowd source both
activities, although it will still require a lot of work from our committers to
validate and integrate this sort of contribution.

E14