On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 11:32 PM, Konstantin Shvachko
<shv.had...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I can see them well.
> I think Suresh's point is that non-blockers are going into 0.22.
> Nigel, do you have full control over it?

Of course it's up to Nigel to decide, but here's my personal opinion:

One of the reasons we had a lot of divergence (read: external
branches/forks/whatever) off of 0.20 is that the commit rules on the branch
were held pretty strictly. So, if you wanted a non-critical bug fix or a
small improvement, the only option was to do such things on an external
fork. 0.20 was branched in December '08 and not released until mid April
'09. In 4 months a fair number of bug fixes and small improvements go in.
0.22 has been around even longer. If we were to keep it to *only* blockers,
then again it would be a fairly useless release due to the number of
non-blocker bugs.

Clearly there's a balance and a judgment call when moving things back to a
branch. But at this point I'd consider small improvements and pretty much
any bug fix to be reasonable, so long as it doesn't involve major reworking
of components. Nigel: if this assumption doesn't jive (ha ha, get it?) with
what you're thinking, please let me know :)

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera