On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Allen Wittenauer <a...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2011, at 5:56 PM, Todd Lipcon wrote:
>
> > Or because this is the sort of thing that could take weeks of discussion
> or
> > just 5 minutes to unblock HBase from moving on to trunk. I'd rather have
> the
> > weeks of discussion *after* the 5 minute patch, so people can continue to
> > make progress. We've moved too slowly for too long.
>

>         I didn't realize trunk was coming out as a release next month.

If all goes well, 0.22 will come out as a release some time in that
timeframe. Stack has been getting HBase running on it. This patch was to fix
0.22.

>        Let's face it: this happened because it was HBase.  If it was almost
> anyone else, it would have sat there.... and *that's* the point where I'm
> mainly concerned.

If you want to feel better, take a look at HDFS-941, HDFS-347, and HDFS-918
- these are patches that HBase has been asking for for nearly 2 years in
some cases and haven't gone in. Satisfied?

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera