On Jul 2, 2011, at 7:38 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Abhishek Mehta <abhis...@tresata.com>wrote:
>
>> open and honest conversations on this thread/group, irrespective of
>> whether one represents a company or apache, should be encouraged.
>>

> Paradoxically, I partially agree with Ian on this.  On the one hand, it is
> important to hear about alternatives in the same eco-system (and alternative
> approaches from other communities).  That is a bit different from Ian's
> view.

While I don't mind that technical alternatives get discussed, I do get PO'd when
the conversation goes into why product X is better than Y, or when someone
makes claims that are incorrect because some 'customer' told them and stuff
like that.

If we can keep it at architecture/approaches instead of why a certain product
is better than go right ahead.