Hi Matt,

I'd like to propose backporting some of the new fair scheduler features that
have been out for almost 2 years now (in the 0.21 branch and trunk) into
0.20.205, especially https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-551 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-706. I will try to put together
a patch for this. It should be a matter of taking the trunk fairscheduler
directory and just tweaking anything that might be required to compile on
0.20.205; I don't think there are other major differences.

Matei