[CC'ng Pig-dev].

In terms of interest, what is the community more interested in seeing work
with Hadoop 0.22 ? Pig 0.8.x or Pig.0.9.

I took a look at pig 0.9 added features:

New parser (still has corner cases)
UDFs in languages other than Java
Macros
Hcatalog support

As far as existing installations are concerned, my belief is that these
features do not make a very compelling case for pig 0.9 to be compatible
immediately with Hadoop 0.22, and pig 0.8.x makes more sense.

What do people think ?

- Milind

---
Milind Bhandarkar
Greenplum Labs, EMC
(Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author, and
do not necessarily represent the views of any organization, past or
present, the author might be affiliated with.)