From: Konstantin Shvachko <shv.had...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 2:47 AM
Subject: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.22.0-rc0
To: general@hadoop.apache.org

I created a release candidate for hadoop-0.22.0 available for review at:
http://people.apache.org/~shv/hadoop-0.22.0-rc0/

The candidate incorporates more than 700 fixed jiras counting from the
release of 0.21.0.
The branch was cut on November 17 last year. During this year the
branch was tested by different groups in the Hadoop community.
Recently it has been extensively tested on a mid-size cluster.
It contains important improvements, optimizations and bug fixes for
HDFS and MapReduce compared to 0.21.0. Some features introduced in the
latest offspring releases of hadoop-security are not yet ported to
this branch, which is mostly related to security and MapReduce
improvements. Compared to 0.23.0 this release will not contain
Federation or Yarn.
The hadoop-0.22.0 release build is fully automated thanks to the
BigTop team. rc0 artifacts are available and reproducible on Hadoop
Jenkins. The validity of rc0 has been also verified with BigTop.
I think this could be a usable release and an important step forward
in the Hadoop roadmap.

Many people contributed to hadoop-0.22. Thank you everybody who
developed code, built, tested, found and fixed bugs or supported this
effort by any other means.

Please try it out and vote.

Thanks,
--Konstantin