Folks,

In the release numbering discussions that we had less than 3 months ago, there
was a suggestion about 0.22 release being an active release, and that it should
be reserved a major release number, since it has major changes (especially in
HDFS, since a viable HA based on a working standby namenode, and a working
append implementation in production at a major site, like eBay). However, there
were objections to that from the guardians of Apache releases, that there have
not been any commitments from the users on 0.22 to provide security-related
patches for the vulnerabilities in 0.20.+ (in production use, nonetheless.)

Now that I see that Binoy has provided those security fixes, and attached to
0.22 as a target release, those objections are mute, IMHO.

What are the opinions of the release numbering overlords now ? Is 0.22 a viable
major release now ? I would love to know.

Thanks,

- Milind