Yes, Vinod. Thanks for understanding.

The plan is not to add any new features in 2.0.5. Only API changes to allow
potential feature backports in subsequent releases.
I will rename branch-2.0-alpha Arun created to branch-2.0.5 (right after
this), make changes on it, then release. Similar to branch-0.23 model.

Renaming of current 2.0.5-beta to 2.1 is great.
Do I understand correctly that renaming current 2.0.5-beta to 2.1 is a
change in CHANGES.txt and renaming Jira versions, since 2.0.5-beta branch
has not been carved?

Guys, please raise your voice to volunteer for the RM role? I will take on
it if nobody wants it.
I guess it will take a day or two to sort things out after the vote.

Thanks,
--Konst