Follow https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment.

You need to add generated sources of the project to include generated Proto
classes.

This blog
<http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/05/how-to-configure-eclipse-for-hadoop-contributions/>
is old, but will give you some idea on how to import the generated java
classes.

*The generated sources (e.g. *Proto.java files that are generated using
protoc) might not be directly linked and can show up as errors. To fix
them, select the project and configure the build path to include the java
files under target/generated-sources and target/generated-test-sources. For
inclusion pattern, select “**/*.java”.*
*- Source
:

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 8:19 AM, Madhvaraj Shetty <madresearch2...@gmail.com