First wonder where in the ASF it would belong.  Then, contact that
particular project and see if there is interest.  If not, and your
project doesn't qualify as a top level project (in this case, I think
it doesn't), it's kind of the end of the road.  Unless ofcourse
you are able to create an interest...

Good luck!

Sander