I'd like to set the record straight.

Actually, I said I didn't want the ASF to become the "Hoover Vacuum" of
open source projects.  The context was that I wanted to avoid precisely
the thing that we're being (falsely) accused of today.

You can read the only message I can find that Marc may be referring to at
this URL:

http://brian.behlendorf.com/jboss-in-apache.txt

This note was in reference to a proposal from Marc to bring EJBoss to the
"Java Apache" project, which was a project we were winding down and whose
subprojects we were about to move to Jakarta, in addition to launching
Jakarta with a bunch of new projects.  Jakarta itself did not exist at
that time, and so there was no "unanimous vote" for me to "override".
There were many many projects proposed for inclusion in Jakarta, and I was
expressing my opinion that we should focus on what was currently approved
and come back to the idea after the Jakarta community had had a chance to
catch its breath.  I explicitly said:

  I would like to revisit this in about a month or two

and

  I love the idea of having an EJB server be part of Apache, and want to
  see it happen.

I didn't hear anything from JBoss about interest in being a part of
Jakarta or Apache from that point forward.  If you mistakenly perceived a
desire for focus to be a vote against JBoss within Apache, well, that's
unfortunate.

On the other hand, Marc, you are most correct in noting that Geronimo is
not a fork of JBoss.  All contributions will be coming from original
authors with proper ownership.  You or other JBoss Group folks are welcome
to join the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list if you'd like to be
sure.  In the long run we hope you'll find code in Geronimo to be useful
and usable in JBoss as well.

        Brian