On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Sander Striker wrote:

> [...]

There are options of where it would exit, but none are likely to be
accepted without a successful incubation.

A new TLP is unlikely to happen until the incubation is proven to succeed.
The biggest issue is that there's not a proven exit strategy of an
incubation project to a TLP. Is it possible to decide this?

Jakarta and DB would be other possible exit strategies.

I'm +1 on Directory being in Jakarta if it is not possible for a TLP to
be an exit strategy, and then reassessing its TLP-ness later.

So my view is:

1 Directory as a TLP for exit strategy. Is this possible? When could the
board /Incubator PMC decide on this?

2 Failing that, Directory as a Jakarta project for an exit strategy, with
the actual exit strategy to be re-evaluated at exit-time. If 1 is unable
to happen, I can go look to get support on the Jakarta PMC list.

Hen