Berin Lautenbach wrote:
I have also very much de-emphasised the role of the sponsor. From what I've seen, the key role post acceptance is the Shepherd. If the Sponsor wishes to become the shepherd, then they retain the responsibilities, otherwise they can move onto other things, having convinced an appropriate body in the ASF to take on the candidate.

Hmmm, I don't like the idea that sponsors can simply walk away in incubation. It makes it easy to push for an idea and let others do the hard work.

If someone doesn't want to do the work, then in my book he's not a sponsor, as a sponsor gives something to get something, and in this case he's just advocating.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -