Stipe Tolj wrote:

no good, alas; i'll be on the road driving to another town at that point.
i *should* be back within a couple of hours, though. :-/

Ken,

please find the #kannel IRC channel log of the debate at

http://www.kannel.org/irc-sessions/

from last friday and today.

People have raised a couple of questions in terms how "independancy"
of a project is impacted when moving to ASF. You you or other from the
incubation project comment on this please.

I read both sessions (I'm not used to reading IRC logs, and not knowing you guys it's difficult to understand).

IIUC there is a point where you question wether technical decisions are taken by someone other than the developers. Well, it is not the case.

Technical decisions on a project are solely taken by the project committers, using the Apache voting guidelines.
http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/voting.html

Some extra info about Apache:
http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/theapacheway.html

How to have new developers join:
http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/newcommitters.html

Also, we'd like to make an IRC session with a couple of you Apache
guys online, so Kannel developer's can directly ask. How should we
proceed in having an appointment fixed?!

Email is better IMO for such a type of discussions. Many of us are not in the US or in any case in your same time-zone, so email makes it possible for all to partecipate. This is why all project decisions and most if not all discussions are taken in email.

If you send us here your concerns and questions we'll be happy to answer :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -