Hi Marcus,

Marcus Schießer wrote:
i wrote a versatile container for software components that could be
embedded in different frameworks. i am using this right now as a
container for web components (container embedded in a servlet engine). i
would like to donate the container to the apache project, hopefully
someone is interessted. as far as i can see, there is not yet such a
project at apache.

I took a look, and I believe we have in fact several projects in the same problem space. Struts, cocoon, turbine, avalon (avalon-fortress + excalibur-event in particular), hivemind, jetspeed (!), and others...they all are used to fill similar roles.

It might be a good idea for you to review these projects and investigate possible co-operation with one or more of these.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons