On 17 May 2004, at 09:21, Cliff Schmidt wrote:

I would like to propose a new Apache project named Beehive.
The proposal can be found at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BeehiveProposal.

A very well written proposal: enthusiastic +1

Since the project is being proposed as a TLP with three subprojects,

My feeling is that we shouldn't make this part of the incubation proposal right now, but rather keep this in mind as an "intention" towards exit strategy. I'm not sure yet whether the split-up will be worth the while community-wise.

Craig McClanahan has offered to be the Champion and Mentor
for this project (as defined in http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/ Roles_and_Responsibilities.html).
Davanum Srinivas is also interested in the project, particularly
with the web services component. If this proposal is approved
for incubation, I'd like to start a PPMC composed of these two
Apache members, the other Beehive committers, and any Incubator
PMC member who is interested in helping guide the project.

I'll be looking from the side as I do with XMLBeans.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org