+1 - with some reservations/questions.

1. I tried to find it, but I couldn't find a definitive answer to Noel's question RE mailing lists? (I'd note that it is very easy to add more mailing lists and split things out at any point - hint hint :>)

2. We seem to be adding a *lot* of initial committers. Have all of these people been actively involved in getting Beehive to its current state? I'd be a bit uncomfortable giving all these people write access to repositories unless we have some comfort that they are actively involved in development to date. Or are non-involved people already active Apache committers?

3. I'd imagine we are going to have the same thing around BEA vs. non-BEA involvement as with XMLBeans? (I.e. focus on building community outside the initial BEA startup.)

Having said the above - looks like a great idea! I also hugely appreciate the work that went into the proposal. It makes things much easier to understand :>.

Cheers,
        Berin

Cliff Schmidt wrote:

Incubator PMC folks,

I would like to propose a new Apache project named Beehive.
The proposal can be found at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BeehiveProposal.

Since the project is being proposed as a TLP with three subprojects,
I've requested that the Board consider this proposal at their next meeting. However, it is my understanding that the proposal should first be voted on by the Incubator PMC.

Craig McClanahan has offered to be the Champion and Mentor
for this project (as defined in http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html).
Davanum Srinivas is also interested in the project, particularly
with the web services component. If this proposal is approved
for incubation, I'd like to start a PPMC composed of these two Apache members, the other Beehive committers, and any Incubator PMC member who is interested in helping guide the project.

Please let me know if you see any issues with this proposal that
call into question whether it would be appropriate for incubation.

Thanks,
Cliff